Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pain relief in sight!

Hello everyone, it's Andy. First I want to say thanks for all the amazing support you have all shown over the course of the past few weeks as I've started down this journey. I haven't been able to answer all messages and emails but just so you know it has given me great comfort to hear from so many of you and each email and message lifts my spirits.

Today I went in for my radiology fitting. Basically the technicians fit you with a special body pillow that keeps you motionless for the radiation. Usually it takes five days from the fitting to your first radiation treatment, but the doctor called tonight and wants to start with me tomorrow! This is great news because the radiation should alleviate much of the pain I've been dealing with in my back. I have been unable to really sleep because of the pain and it is fairly constant so relief will be a huge step for me. I'm set up for 15 appointments, once daily until the regimen is complete. I should finish shortly after my next chemo injection so hopefully my body will be in full fight mode for that round!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Andy!!! Let me know if you "glow in the dark" after day one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, tim. like mr burns in that one simpsons ep?
    sending you lots of hugs over, andy! :)

    -mel-

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending love..i knew you could light up a room with your sense of humor and wit..but now..you just one upped yourself..xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thoughts and prayers are with you as you do your part to light up the west coast... hoping the pain is relieved... jan b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. The kids and I pray for you and your family everynight.
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete