Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bald is beautiful

Well, I knew it would happen eventually. My hair has started falling out. I looked at my hand after running it through and there it was. Now I can start dressing like The Edge and wearing beanies all the time. Been looking forward to it!


Another day in the radiation tube today. My back is feeling better all the time and sleep is getting easier. All good things heading into round two of chemo next week. My Dad just left for the airport to head back to Boston. Mom comes out next week. I think next week will be tough after round two and I know my Mom will probably see me at my worst so far. She's tough. She can handle it.

So the beat goes on, I've made strides in getting my life together this past week and preparing for what's to come. There's a good chance we'll make that move to Boston this summer so I can be treated at Dana Farber and live with my parents. There's a lot to figure out with all that coming and we've been working it out. Priority one is to get healthy, after that jobs and health insurance stuff will fall into place.

I'm open to calls and visits, just let me know when if you want to come up and we'll make it work. I'm feeling better now so I have more energy than the past few weeks. I have to say thanks again for all the support from everyone, whether they are local or across the globe, the outpouring of support is overwhelming. I love you all!

-Andy

11 comments:

  1. Hair will come back..but what color will it be?

    what color beanie would you like?

    yes your Mom is a tough cookie..but then all moms are..comes with territory..kids make then that way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy-

    Glad to hear that the pain is letting up. I guess with the hair coming out you're simply accelerating the inevitable process of looking more like your dad every day.

    If and when you come back East, there's always a place for you at my house if you're looking for an escape from Framingham...

    I'm glad I could see you a few weeks ago and wish you all the best for continued improvement.

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Miz more, sorry Andy ;) still sending you all my love, glad to hear that you feel a bit better :-*
    hugs from across the globe!

    _mel_

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be more aerodynamic now... and yes, I'm wondering if its from the chemo or our bloodlines...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are thinking about you here in Texas and are glad to here the news that the pain is letting up a little. Now, you can do the shaved DO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bald is hella-sexy*!

    (*Yes, I said "hella" in 2010...sue me, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andy,
    I am glad that you are getting sleep finally. As far as the hair, I think that bald is cute. You have a great family and I know your Mom is tough, just like you are. Keep up the positive flow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am waiting for the eyeliner and earring phase...i am sure jen has some extras lying around..;) love you back

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Andy:

    Don't forget that when I first met you, you were totally bald, followed by the two years of very light blond fuzz--the "almost bald" look. Dad adds that, for the record, is not as bald (yet).

    As to my being a "tough cookie," I must be if everyone says so.(And will find a place to be alone, meditate, pray, cry, swear, etc. in CA.) Anyway, am looking forward to seeing you and family next week.

    Finally,I am amazed at the no. of friends and colleagues who have told me of someone close to them who has had or is having a cancer battle. People are praying for you, Andy, in Africa, Europe, and all over the U.S. It speaks to the wonderful person you are and the exceptional friends you (and we) have been blessed with.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. www.gpwlaw-mi.com/michigan-lung-cancer-lawyer/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! the asbestos cancer organization

    ReplyDelete