Monday, March 15, 2010

Big week

It's a big week for me. I had radiation today, again tomorrow, and finally Wednesday. Right after radiation on Wednesday I go straight to chemo. The radiation has put me out a bit lately. I'm tired, my taste buds are messed up, and some back pain has come up (should all get better in a week or so). I meet with both my radiation oncologist and my regular oncologist on Wednesday. After that I should have some solid re-coup time. Looking forward to Thursday, no matter how rough I'll be feeling.

Mom comes in tonight. Jen's going to get her soon. I'm looking forward to seeing her. I'm sure it'll be emotional. She's here for almost two weeks. It'll be fun for Nicholas. I was telling Jen today that in a strange way cancer has made me more a part of the family. I've been able to spend a lot of time with Jen and Nicholas and we've grown tighter. I cherish the moments now and have a new outlook on life.

Some friends came by this Sunday to visit. It was good to see them. We had quite a spread to eat. I showed off my baldness in all it's glory. I guess I have a decent shape to my head.
I felt crappy this morning but the afternoon's been good. I went for a walk with Nicholas for about 35 minutes. I'm going to try to get exercise when I can. Still have a lot of work to do with finances and taxes. Everything takes a lot longer for me these days.

That's it for now. I'll try to update this weekend to let everyone know how Wednesday went.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck this week. To use a boxing analogy, I hope round two of chemo puts your lesions up against the ropes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking and praying for you this week! It's amazing how light can emerge from darkness - and that you are able to see that. It's obvious from these last few months that you and Jen were made for each other. Kisses to Nicholas from us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy. Just wanted to let you know that its been really helpful being able to read your blog. It's very frustrating being so far from all of you at this time. I really wish I could be there but I know you are in good hands with my sister and the rest of your family I'm glad to hear that your mom is visiting. If there was anyone who could comfort me no matter how young or old i was it is my mother. It seems like you had more treatment today so I hope it went well. Will keep in touch
    Lots of love and hugs and kisses from Port Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Andy. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress. I am happy that your family will be together soon. And just to let you know from an old lady's point of view, everything takes longer, period!

    xoxoxoxo,
    Amy
    @waldingerz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy.Thanks for the update.I am glad your Mom is there, it will give Jen a break.Keep up the fight and know that you have lot's of support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy - Thanks for keeping us all updated on your progress. I'm sure your bald head is shining brightly, even on a cloudy day! So glad that your mom is with you, Jen, and Nicholas. Her visit must be good medicine for each of you, including your mom. thoughts and prayers are with you. jan b

    ReplyDelete