Saturday, December 11, 2010

Back to the frigid Northeast

We are now back from a very successful trip to California. It was great to get out into the sun a bit and see friends for a few days. I had a tough flight out (we all did) and arrived sick, but after a bit of rest and rehydration I felt good the remainder of the trip. In fact I've come home feeling the best I have since this all started. I have no way of knowing what's going on inside my body but if my attitude and mood are any indicator, I'm doing well. I seem to have more energy lately as well. I'm really hopeful that this new chemo treatment is working.
My appetite has been really good lately. I am taking a steroid every day that helps me eat. I think it's also responsible for the puffy cheeks, or maybe they are from Tarceva, I'm not sure. At any rate, wanting to eat is a good thing for me.
As we approach the holidays I'm hoping to remain active and get out of the house more than I had been before the trip. I think it's important to get out and do things as much as I can. I've giving myself an assignment of working daily on a feature screenplay I'm writing. It makes me feel like I have a job again.
That's it for now. California was a blast, thanks to all who visited and I'm sorry I missed seeing everyone. For now I hope and pray that the tumors are shrinking and I'm grateful that it seems I will have a nice holiday season. I'm glad that I'm here for it.
-Andy

5 comments:

  1. Where do you live? Sounds cold. I am in FL. Your attitude is everything. I found if I held onto that, it kept me going. Steriods huh...ugggg I am sure that is what is causing your puffy cheeks ... check mine out in the picture... Even though I am cancer free now ... I still take steriods to help me with breathing... I know, you don't know me... I am new to your blog... Not sure how I stumbled upon... Non the less.. I wish you will and will pray the new chemo is working for you.

    TaDa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me feel so wonderful to hear that you are feeling good. Thinking about you always. I need to call you, I have news!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bro Andy,
    I wish you all the best for 2011 my friend.
    Thinking of you often, bummed I missed you on your trip to Cali, praying daily for your health and happiness. Knowing you will prevail.

    Dauv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy and Family -
    My prayers continue to be with you and was warmed to hear that December has been kind to you! Continue the fight Andy - family, friends and supporters are behind you!
    Thank you for the updates....

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Andy!
    How are you doing? Hope your're still kicking the crap out of the cancer-bitch ;) university keeps me busy, special education is really interesting and the first exams will be next month.
    All the best for you and the rest of the Swan gang!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete